Government of Poland Banach Scholarship Programme 2022 for Developing Countries (Funded)
The objective of the Banach Scholarship Programme is to promote socio-economic progress of developing countries by raising the level of knowledge and education of their citizens in the form of scholarships for second-degree studies in Polish or in English at Polish universities supervised by the Minister of Education and Science in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, exact sciences, and life sciences.
The NAWA scholarship may be applied for by citizens of the following countries: Albania, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Colombia, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Lebanon, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Palestine, Peru, the Philippines, Senegal, Serbia, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia,Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam.
The Programme is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange in the form of Polish development aid.
In 2021, the existing scholarship programmes that are a joint initiative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Agency for Academic Exchange NAWA in the form of Polish development aid, i.e. the Banach Scholarship Programme and the Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme, had merged into one scholarship programme for young people from developing countries who wish to take up studies in Poland.
Foreigners who meet all of the following criteria at the time of the call for proposals may apply for a scholarship under the Programme:
1. are citizens of one of the following countries: Albania, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Montenegro, Ethiopia, Philippines, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Colombia , Kosovo, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, South Africa, Senegal, Serbia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam;
2. do not have Polish citizenship and have not applied for Polish citizenship;
3. are planning to start second-cycle studies or a preparatory course in the academic year 2022/23;
4. at the time of submitting the application to the Programme are students of the last year of first-cycle studies in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences as well as exact and natural sciences, or have a first-cycle studies diploma in the above-mentioned fields obtained in a country covered by the Programme not earlier than in 2020. For candidates from Europe, Central Asia and the South Caucasus, first-cycle studies diplomas obtained in the field of social sciences and humanities shall also be allowed;
5. have not obtained a diploma of completion of second-cycle studies or long-cycle master’s studies; If there is no system of two-cycle studies commonly applied in the candidate’s country of origin, candidates with a diploma of master’s studies or equivalent shall be admitted;
6. have a documented knowledge of the
a) Polish language:
· minimum at the A2 level in case if applicant is planning firstly start the one-year preparatory course and after course continuing education at the second-cycle degree studies in Polish language;
· minimum at the B1 in case if applicant is planning to start the second-cycle studies in Polish language without one-year preparatory course;
b) English language minimum at the B2 level in case if applicant is planning to start studies in English language.
|The Programme offers:
1. monthly scholarship of the NAWA Director during the statutory period of education,
2. exemption from tuition fees at public universities.
The financial conditions of education at non-public universities supervised by the Minister of Education and Science shall be determined by the universities. In such cases, the issue of tuition fees should be agreed individually between the Scholarship Holder and the non-public university which hosts him/her. The issue of exemptions from tuition fees shall remain within the competence of the host non-public university.
The scholarship shall be paid during the statutory period of education for a maximum of 12 months in the academic year, starting from the first month of classes during the preparatory course or the studies. The scholarship shall amount to:
1. PLN 1700 per month during the preparatory course (the scholarship holder shall not have the status of a student, which shall prevent him/her from taking advantage of discounts applicable to students, e.g. in public transport);
2. PLN 1,500 per month during second-cycle studies.
During their studies, the scholarship holders shall also receive:
1. in the first year of studies, the first monthly scholarship increased by PLN 500,
2. in the last year of studies, the last monthly scholarship increased by PLN 500.
In the event of a documented fortuitous event, the NAWA Director may, upon a written request of the Scholarship Holder, increase the scholarship by PLN 500 once. The NAWA Director’s scholarship shall be paid through the centre which conducts the course or the university where the Scholarship Holder is studying.
The results of the call for proposals shall be announced by 15 July 2022
– Scan of a valid passport with the Applicant’s personal data, confirming the Applicant’s citizenship
– Scan of the first-cycle studies diploma and its supplement.
– Applicants who, at the time of submitting the application, are students of the last year of first-cycle studies, shall submit a scan of the university’s certificate confirming the arithmetic average of grades obtained in the first-cycle studies as at the date of submission of the application.
– Scan of a document confirming the knowledge of Polish/English language
– Recommendation letter.
For More Information: